Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Personal Battle Plan

I would like share my own  personal journey on this 33 Day Purity Boot Camp. Not to brag, far from it, but to give a tangible example of how it's done. Over the last year I have experimented with several possible ways of going about this "Boot Camp". I'll share my personal plan. I hope it's helpful. For your 33 days, feel free to use what is useful and drop what isn't. 

1.   Prayer- instead of listening to the radio on my way to work I'll be praying my rosary. Every day I'm going to spend 20 minutes in Eucharistic adoration reading, "Visits to the Most Blessed Sacrament and the Blessed Virgin Mary" by St. Alphonsus Liguori.

2.   Fasting - I'm only eating breakfast and supper. No lunch. No snacks. I'm also abstaining from any secular media: TV, social media (with exception to P.O.R.N. Militia), radio etc.

3.   Study - I am applying something I learned from reading "Be a Man" by Fr. Richards - "No Bible, no breakfast. No Bible, no bed". I'll be using the daily Mass readings. I'll also be reading "33 days to Morning Glory" by Michael Gaitey.

4.   Mortification (exercise) - 20 minutes of cardiovascular every day. Biking, jogging,  swimming, walking my dogs.

5.   Acts of Charity- I'm going to proactivly look for small ways to show love to strangers and the people in my life: To feed the hungry;To give drink to the thirsty; To clothe the naked; To harbour the harbourless; To visit the sick; To ransom the captive; To bury the dead.

This isn't so you can be like me. It's so we can be like him.


No comments:

Post a Comment