The Holy Father has declared today, October 11, 2012, the first day of the "Year of Faith" but for me it's much more special than that- today is the 9th anniversary of me being fully Catholic. I'm thankful for my abnormal confirmation date (most people come into communion with the Church at Easter but I'm a rare exception) because it's in the month of the Rosary (October) and was in the year of the Rosary(which ended at the close of October 2003). Just recently I consecrated myself to Jesus through Mary on the feast of Our Lady of the most holy Rosary(October 7th). I was made to be a mamma's boy! That is why I feel called to spread devotion to the Rosary and why I feel called to the P.O.R.N. Militia.
I have grown and seen a lot over these last nine (Catholic) years:
- I've witnessed the death of a charismatic pope and the election of a scholarly pope
- I've gotten to experience the Sacrament of matrimony
- I've sponsored 4 people as they became fully Catholic
- I started teaching R.C.I.A.
- I started receiving the Eucharist on the tongue
- I've been blessed to battle infertility with my wife- and as a result have learned true sexuality and NFP (Natural Family Planning)
- I've fallen many times, but have gotten TOTAL forgiveness in the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- I've seen the translation of the liturgy change
- I've become a God-Father to 3 wonderful baptized babies.
- I've attended several A.C.T.S. retreats
- I've started receiving the Eucharist while kneeling
- I've lost a job
- I've gotten to experience the Mass in Latin
- I found out that my Bible was missing books
- I've met wonderful patron saints: Fulton Sheen, Francis De Sales, Josemaria Escriva
- I've found a new more God friendly job
- I've lost friends because of my faith
- I've started a blog
- I've fallen more in love with C.S. Lewis as a Catholic than when I was a Protestant
- I've gained brothers and sisters because of my faith
- I prayed a the abortion clinic and worked at the soup kitchen
- I helped lead Life Teen
- I lost my mother
- I accepted Mary as my personal spiritual mother
May this Year of Faith be a blessing to you all!
WITH PETER...TO JESUS...THROUGH MARY! PAX!